Nice bedtime story for your kids
1. As late as 1998 the US was paying
the salary of every single Taliban official in Afghanistan.
2. USA supported Bin Laden and the Taliban for years, and viewed them as freedom fighters against the Russians.
3. There is more oil and gas in the Caspian Sea area than in Saudi Arabia, but you need a pipeline through Afghanistan to get the oil out.
4. UNOCAL, a giant American Oil conglomerate, wanted to build a 1000 mile long pipeline from the Caspian Sea through Afghanistan to the Arabian Sea.
5. UNOCAL spent $10,000,000,000 on geological surveys for pipeline construction, and very nicely courted the Taliban for their support in allowing the construction to begin.
6. All of the leading Taliban officials were in Texas negotiating with UNOCAL in 1998.
7. In 1998-1999 the Taliban changed its mind and threw UNOCAL out of the country and awarded the pipeline project to a company from Argentina.
8. John Maresca VP of UNOCAL testified before Congress and said no Pipeline until the Taliban was gone and a more friendly government established.
9. In 1999-2000 The Taliban became the most evil people in the world.
10. Niaz Naik, a former Pakistani Foreign Secretary, was told by senior American officials in mid-July that military action against Afghanistan would go ahead by the middle of October.
11. On 9/11 WTC disaster occured. Bush goes to war against Afghanistan even though none of the hijackers came from Afghanistan.
12. The Taliban offered to negotiate to turn over Bin Laden if US showed them some proof. US refused; US bombed.
13. US have a new government in Afghanistan.
14. The leader of that government formerly worked for UNOCAL. - Coincidence?
15. Bush appoints a special envoy to represent the US to deal with that new government, who formerly was the "chief consultant to UNOCAL".
16. The Bush family acquired their wealth through oil.
17. Bush's Secretary of Interior was the President of an oil company before going to Washington.
18. George Bush Sr. now works with the "Carlysle Group" specializing in Huge oil investments around the world. - Coincidence?
19. Condoleezza Rice worked for Chevron before going to Washington.
20. Chevron named one of its newest "supertankers" after Condoleezza.
21. Dick Cheney worked for the giant oil conglomerate Haliburton before becoming VP.
22. Haliburton gave Cheney $34,000,000 as a farewell gift when he left Haliburton.
23. Haliburton is in the pipeline construction business. - Mere Coincidence??
24. There is $6 Trillion dollars worth of oil in the Caspian Sea area.
25. The US government quietly announces Jan 31, 2002 we will support the construction of the Trans-Afghanistan pipeline.
26. President Musharref (Pakistan), and Karrzai,(Afghanistan -Unocal) announce agreement to build proposed gas pipeline from Central Asia to Pakistan via Afghanistan. (Irish Times 02/10/02)
Surah 100 verses 1-8 is also a nice Surah to reflect on. Pickthall english translation of the meaning notes that he cannot understand what verse 1-5 mean. I dont know if it could refer to this "shock and awe" of Rumsfeld bombs and missles. According to official Pentagon figures, 6,000 precision-guided bombs were dropped on Iraq, 675 Tomahawk cruise missiles were fired, more than 1,000 missions were flown, during the first ten days of the invasion.
1. By the (steeds) that run, with panting
2. Striking sparks of fire (by their hooves).
3. And scouring to the raid at dawn.
4. And raise the dust in clouds the while.
5. And penetrating forthwith as one into the midst.
6. Verily, man (wrongdoer) in ungrateful to his Lord.
7. And to that he bears witness (by his deeds).
8. And verily, he is violent in the love of wealth.
"The Curse of Allah is on the wrong doers." (Quran 7:44)
And it is the disbelievers who are the wrong-doers (Quran 2:254)
Home - Quran & Hadith Charity - Family & Health Islam Miscellaneous Matrimonials
Human Rights - Women Newscenter Boycott Chechnya Palestine - Links