Five Pillars of Islam
Ibn Umar, may Allah be pleased with him,
relates that the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon
him, said: "Islam is based on five articles:
1. To bear witness that there is none worthy of worship save Allah and that Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) is the Messenger of Allah.
2. To observe Prayer (Salat).
3. To Pay Zakat (Alms giving)
4. To perform the Pilgrimage to the House of Allah (Hajj).
5. To Observe fasting during Ramadhan." (Bukhari)
Abdullah ibn Amr bin Aas, may Allah be pleased with them, relates that the Holy Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, said:
"A Muslim is one against whose tongue and hands other Muslims are secure, and an Emigrant is one who departs from what Allah has forbidden." (Bukhari)
Home - Quran & Hadith – Charity - Family & Health – Islam – Miscellaneous - Links
Matrimonials – Human Rights - Women – Newscenter – Boycott – Chechnya – Palestine