Will be levied according to the last circular to be issued by Suez Canal Authority
A - CHARGES FOR HARBOUR TUGS APPLIED AT PORT SAID HARBOUR
(1) Vessels transiting the Canal are free of charge.
(2) For other vessels, are payable for mooring or getting underway: Will be Levied according to the last circular to be issued by Suez Canal Authority.
These charges are payable each time the Canal Authority sends one or two tugs to assist in maneuvering the vessel; if more than two, charges will be as above.
(3) In case of changing berth, the charges are doubled.
B - RATES OF ESCORTING TUGBOATS
A unified Canal passage rate of 600 Special Drawing
Rights is to be paid for each escorting tug in the following cases:
(1) Loaded vessels under 130000 tons Deadweight Tons when for technical reasons the Suez Canal Authority finds it necessary.
(2) Loaded vessels of 130000 tons Deadweight Tons and over.
(3) Vessels in ballast over 250000 tons Deadweight Tons
(4) Vessels with draught over 47 feet.
C - HIRE OF TUGBOATS
(1) TARIFF PER TUG
Will be Levied according to the last circular to be
issued by S.S.A.
(a) Hire is reckoned from the time of starting preparations to get underway and ceases when tug returns to its base.
(b) Fractions of an hour will be reckoned as full hour.
(c) Hire charges are increased by 10% when tug is used after official hours and on Fridays or Public Holidays.
(d) Hire charges are increased by 100% when tug is used outside Canal Waters.
(e) Hire charges outside the Territorial Waters are to be agreed upon with Suez Canal Authority.
(f) This tariff may be revised every 3 months without notice.
(2) THE TARIFF IS APPLIED IN THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS
(a) Towing of vessel or floating unit in Canal Waters.
(b) If the towed vessel or unit calls for the assistance of one or more of the Authority tugs to help or escort during the towing operation. Or if the Authority considers it necessary to escort the towed unit by one or more of its tugboats to ensure the safety of transit.
(c) In case Suez Canal Authority Officials consider the transit of a vessel dangerous to navigation due to defects in the vessel, such as engine trouble, etc..., or bad view. In such a case the vessel will be escorted by tug or more.
(d) In case of re-floating a vessel, except for vessels aground or stopped in the Canal, in consequence of an accident other than collision, and obstructing the passage for other vessels: the re-floating is free of charge.
(e) In any other cases of hiring of tugboats.
(3) HIRE OF PLANT OTHER THAN TUGBOATS
The tariff for the hire of other plant is at the disposal of clients at Suez Canal Offices.