VESSELS NOT TRANSITING THE CANAL(1) Port Said :
|Vessel S.C.T.||Day Pilotage||Night Pilotage|
|Up to 2500 tons||U.S.Dollars 60||U.S.Dollars 90|
|Up to 5000 tons||U.S.Dollars 90||U.S.Dollars 130|
|Up to 10000 tons||U.S.Dollars 115||U.S.Dollars 175|
|Up to 20000 tons||U.S.Dollars 150||U.S.Dollars 220|
|Up to 30000 tons||U.S.Dollars 175||U.S.Dollars 260|
|Up to 50000 tons||U.S.Dollars 200||U.S.Dollars 300|
|Over 50000 tons||U.S.Dollars 230||U.S.Dollars 350|
(2) Port of Suez :
(a) Pilotage is compulsory from Waiting Area to Port of Suez anchorage, from Port of Suez anchorage to Basins, also from Basins to Anchorage areas or sea. The dues are as per port of Suez Tariff.
(b) In case of non-transiting vessels impeding Suez Canal Traffic, the Suez Canal Authority has the right to shift any vessel at the Owners and/or operators Expenses.
(3) Changing Berth (Port Said):
For changing berth, the Pilotage rate mentioned above is doubled; in addition, the vessel will have to pay the following :
|Up to 2500 tons||U.S.Dollars 30|
|Up to 5000 tons||U.S.Dollars 45|
|Up to 10000 tons||U.S.Dollars 60|
|Up to 20000 tons||U.S.Dollars 75|
|Up to 30000 tons||U.S.Dollars 85|
|Up to 50000 tons||U.S.Dollars 100|
|Over 50000 tons||U.S.Dollars 115|
B - VESSELS TRANSITING THE CANAL
(1) Pilotage dues are not payable by vessels transiting
(a) Southbound from Port Said Anchorage Area to Km. 162. Pilotage dues are payable from Km. 162 to Hm. 80 South or to Port Suez anchorage.
(b) Northbound, vessels pay Pilotage dues from Anchorage Area for Very Large Crude Carrier Ship's or Waiting Area to Port of Suez Anchorage, also from this latter area to Km. 162. From Km. 162 Northward, no Pilotage dues are payable for transiting vessels.
(2) In all cases when the pilot is disembarked and another pilot comes on board, owing to vessel stopping in Canal Waters for any reason relating to the vessel herself, such as engine trouble, steering trouble, etc..., the vessel will pay the charges for the new pilot as mentioned in the next item.
C - EXTRA PILOT DUES
In case of having an extra pilot on board, the vessel
shall pay extra due of (300 U.S. Dollars) per Canal Pilot and (150 U.S. Dollars) per Roads
In case of bad view vessels, they will pay the dues for extra pilots.
If that vessel is piloted by one pilot only, she will pay 50% of these rates.
D - MOVING IN Suez Canal WATERS WITHOUT PILOT ASSISTANCE
(1) Whenever a vessel without authorization of the Suez
Canal Authority moves in Canal waters or Port Said Harbour without having a pilot on
board, she shall be charged an additional due of (21500 U.S. Dollars).
(2) An additional due of (3200 U.S. Dollars) shall be charged to vessels moving without authorization of Suez Canal Authority in Port of Suez Anchorage, or entering or leaving Basins at Port of Suez without having a pilot on board.
These dispositions do not apply in the event of the pilot being suddenly unable to carry on with his duties owing to sickness or death.
E - CALLING PILOT UNNECESSARILY
When a vessel signals for pilot, and it is found when boarding, that she is not ready to get underway in the limited time, the vessel is liable to be delayed and pilot disembarked. The vessel will pay extra pilot dues for the new pilot.