PROCEEDING TO THE CANAL - GENERALITIES
(1) Masters shall ask for pilots by clearly
displaying the signal at least two hours before the time they expect their vessel to be
ready to get underway.
(2) Single up should not be before the pilot is on board.
(3) When several vessels are ready to get underway at the same time, the order of their
sailing will be fixed by the Canal Authority.
(4) All vessels must stop whenever the passage ahead is not clear.
(5) They must slow down passing collapsed or under repairs banks, as well as when passing
all vessels in siding, hoppers, dredgers and other floating plant made fast.
(6) As soon as a vessel is made fast, she must hoist the signals, the vessels must be
ready to slack down rope or cut them in case of need. Engines must always be ready to